- Solid Tungsten Carbide material silver brazed into the cutter jaw.
- Used for cutting hard wire such as Nitinol and Stainless Steel.
- Compound action provides ergonomic benefits as well as allows strong leverage for thicker wire
- Hard Wire Cutter – Tungsten Carbide Inserts, Compound Acting
- Handle Length: Longer, Ergonomic Handles
- Head Shape: Oval Head
Material: Solid tungsten carbide material silver brazed into the cutting edges
- Finish: Polished
Overall Length: 6.3” (160mm) - Tip Length: .5” (13mm)
Please visit our "Selecting a Cutter" guide to help in the selection of the right cutter.
Carbide Cutters, Cutting Capacity Ratings is for Steel Wire.
||Semi-Flush||0.0126 - 0.032||0.32004 - 0.8128||28-20|
||Flush||0.0126 - 0.032||0.32004 - 0.8128||28-20
These tools have cutting edges made of tungsten carbide. Tungsten carbide is hard, but also brittle. If not used within recommended conditions, cutting edges can fracture, crack, or chip.
- Do not hit or drop the tool on a hard surface.
- Do not try to bend or distort the tool’s handles or jaw.
- Do not exert excessive force, such as trying to cut wire thicker than the cutting capacity of the tool, usually .008” - .020” (0.20mm = 0.051mm) diameter steel wire.
- Keep the cutter clean and dry. Replace tip protector when not cutting.