- Application: Designed with a dual material construction combining the high yield strength of carbon steel for the body and intense localized hardness of Tungsten Carbide for the cutting edges.
- Head Shape: Taper Head
- Profile: Standard
- Material: Carbon Steel body, Tungsten Carbide cutting edges
- Material Hardness: 79-81 HRC
- Cutting Edge: Flush
- Cutting Capacity (soft copper wire): .008" - .020" (0.2 mm – 0.51 mm); 32-24 AWG
- Handle Length: Standard
- Handle Grips: Cushion Double Sheathed, ESD Safe
- RTT Resistance: <1 x 1011 ohms tested per ANSI/ESD STM11.13 Two-Point Probe, resistance measurement for static dissipative materials
- Overall Length: 4.6" (117 mm) - Tip Length: .45” (11mm)
Please visit our "Selecting a Cutter" guide to help in the selection of the right cutter.
Carbide Cutters, Cutting Capacity Ratings is for Steel Wire.
|5212T||Semi-Flush||0.008 - 0.0201||0.2032 - 0.51054||32-24
These tools have cutting edges made of tungsten carbide. Tungsten carbide is hard, but also brittle. If not used within recommended conditions, cutting edges can fracture, crack, or chip.
- Do not hit or drop the tool on a hard surface.
- Do not try to bend or distort the tool’s handles or jaw.
- Do not exert excessive force, such as trying to cut wire thicker than the cutting capacity of the tool, usually .008” - .020” (0.20mm = 0.051mm) diameter steel wire.
- Keep the cutter clean and dry. Replace tip protector when not cutting.